Wednesday, May 30, 2012

quilt #4.

I had intended to wait until I got to the west coast to start purchasing fabric for quilt #4, but I couldn't help myself when I stopped by a quilt store back home. I was very good and behaved myself when it came to the new bolts of Tula Pink's latest collection, but when I caught sight of a charm pack of Reunion by Sweetwater, I couldn't help myself. To be honest, the photos I'd seen online hadn't really excited me all that much, but actually seeing the fabric in person changed my mind, especially when I realized that it was the perfect kind of baby quilt fabric for me, and it would match the colors in this particular baby's room.

Of course, purchasing a charm pack meant I had to rework my entire quilt design. I've yet to buy the accompanying fabric--I really am going to try and wait until I get to our new "home"--but I'm excited to get started. I miss Agatha something fierce.

Eight days until we're reunited!

(Don't worry, I miss my husband too.)

And when I get there and have my for realz laptop, I'll post some pictures of the design, etc.

2 comments:

  1. You would think people would be better about posting realistic phabric photos, but no.

    I think the 'Grace's Garden' and 'Johnny's Jacks' (hehe) patterns are my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I'm in love with the Sally's Skirt patterns, but the Johnny's Jacks are awesome. (And much better in person.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...