Friday, November 16, 2012

Super Weekend.

Hi Friends! It's Friday (woo woo!)


I finished up my first superhero cape this afternoon. (I even topstitched around the edges because I like to believe my almost 2 year old nephew will notice the added touch of fabulous.) There are a bunch of tutorials for capes online, but to be honest, I didn't like any of them, so I had my sister measure my niece and nephews to see where their capes should fall, and I took that measurement and started cutting fabric. Aren't I ever so bold and reckless?

I tried to get some shots this afternoon, but the weather outside is gray and dark, and this is as good as it's going to get. Also, my oldest son, who has decided that he loves the cape, wouldn't stop moving, so all of the photos I did take are blurry. It's sad because you won't get to see the lovely stippling I did in the green diamond around the C, but be strong as I'm sure there will be more to come.

Three more capes to go! What are you planning to do with your weekend?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, that's so cute! A cape would have been on my must-have list as a kid, for sure. :)

    This weekend I'm making some cute cuff bracelets out of felt and making my own price tags for the craft show. It's find of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...