Friday, May 3, 2013

FF: A skirt and a quilt top edition.

I have been a busy little bee. 


Skirt!

This skirt...wow. This is the second tutorial I've used that made me an elasticized box. However, if I wear a long shirt, I think it mostly works. The girl I work with said it looked cute, so she was either being kind, or it really is acceptable, but still! Urg! Rude! How could that tutorial fail me? I had such high hopes, only to be dashed by boxy end results! One day, I will find a skirt pattern that works. I will not be defeated!

Quilt top!
I'm really quite excited about this one, especially because we had a very rough start. I do love me a good log cabin. Yum yum! I've got all sorts of fun FMQ ideas...we'll see if they materialize or not.

I'm linking up with TGIFF, which is at Textile Diva this week!

8 comments:

  1. Those owls are adorable!

    I really love the fabric you used on the skirt and I think it looks cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel ya on the skirt thing but hey if it looks good in the picture(which i think it looks great)then your coworker was spot on! that's why i gave up sewing clothing for myself :) love the little owls!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, both me and mini me think the skirt looks great, and a big thumbs up for the whole outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks cute! But if you don't like boxy-ness, but might try a pleated or gathered pattern. They tend to be fuller. You might also try a high waisted skirt, if you like that style! If you cut the skirt wide enough, it can really make your waist look small while accentuating your hips :) I don't know a great pattern off the top of my head, but I'll see what I can find on skirts I've made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The owl log cabin has turned out super fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. But it is a cute skirt. :) And I am IN LOVE with the owls in your super cool log cabin quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the skirt! Audrey, I have nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! It is is for bloggers with less than 200 followers. just pop over to my blog for the rules here (promise it's not spam!) : http://sewingsophia.blogspot.pt/2013/05/liebster-blog-award-premio-liebster.html Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the skirt looks fine. In my experience I've found the problem with skirts is that the style may just not suit me. So the pattern may be fine, but just not the right shape for you. I don't mean this to sound rude at all. It really does look fine though, I like the longer top with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...