Sunday, May 19, 2013

This weekend...

Friends, this weekend was an explosion of awesomesauce. You think I'm joking? Try starting off Saturday morning with tater tots covered in homemade white cheddar cheese sauce and bacon, then hopping in the car for a quilt retreat thingiemabob! And if that wasn't enough, coming home to a clean house and folded laundry and my loving family. Yep! That's what I did this weekend!

K, my friend and quilty teacher came with me on the retreat, and we spent 10+ hours quilting between yesterday and today. It. Was. Awesome.

First, K's work:


Snails Quilt


Geometrics Quilt


Tons of Cutting for the Chili Peppers Quilt (Not sure if everyone calls it that or just me.)


And some FMQ practice.


The butterfly blocks were a team effort. (Isn't this block amazing? K's mom designed it!)


We relied on our friend, the chocolate Teddy Graham, to help us power into late night sewing territory. (And by late night, I mean 10pm.)

I made a few things too: 


Lots of cutting. R 6/7 for the 10" Tula swap and fabric for two kidlet quilt tops.


Block 5 from TP's City Sampler...


...and block 6.


Start of a new kidlet quilt. Three blocks down, six to go! These blocks finish at 16.5".


And a paper pieced lone star for Sarah from the Make It Modern Bee. 

This weekend was quite possibly the most awesomest weekend ever for me. It really was a lovely weekend, and it was so nice to get so much done. 

I know that was a lot of photos, but I wanted you all to share in my awesome weekend! I hope you had a lovely weekend as well! Tell me all about it in the comments, okay?

9 comments:

  1. That sounds like the most awesomest weekend ever! You sure got a lot if sewing done. I do love that butterfly block and all the Tula fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a sure "best weekend ever", if I ever saw one!!!
    I did some serious fabric shopping, a bit of piecing, lots of house work, and to top it off, some baby sitting!
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, what kind of fabric did you get? I think if I added fabric shopping to my weekend, it would've exploded!

      Delete
  3. Everything looks amazing! I'm so glad the trip went well and K. was able to go along.

    Chicago was fun (breakfast for lunch + cake!). I made a blingy new necklace (see my flickr), and worked on my collar project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude, I loved reading the description of your necklace because it was all technical, and I have no idea what any of that means! Did you finish the collar?

      Delete
  4. That sounds like an epic-ally good weekend :) K's geometrics quilt is a stunner! I could stare at it all day. And I can't wait to see more of your new kidlet quilt, it looks great so far!

    I only made it to one of the two MQG meetings here this weekend, but I had a lot of fun overall. Saw the end of the Albrecht Dürer exhibit at the modern art gallery and discovered Chuck Close. Definitely a good weekend, though nowhere close to yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love. =] I really want to try that lone star block - the paper piecing makes it look easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the drama of this block! But it really does look lovely finished! :)

      Delete
  6. I had to work this weekend. :( I am so far away from my sewing machine on this project. Next weekend, I have a four day weekend and I will get to sew so much. I am super excited! I love your lone star block. I am so sorry it was a pain... I know the quilt is going to be amazing though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...