Friday, November 6, 2015

FF: EPP Table Topper.


I've been slowly plugging away at this epp table topper for a few months now. When I saw Rachel's star blossom tutorial, I fell in love with her table runner and knew I wanted one for myself, and I opted to make one to fit my small kitchen table. Of course I used hot pink and navy as my jumping off point, expanding to additional shades of pink as necessary.


As a pretty recent EPP convert, I found the blocks enjoyable to piece. I made my blossoms first, then added the navy diamonds before putting them all together. I like (not love, but like) the finished product, but when I put it on my table, it just looked...weird. The wrong size or something. So, I walked around my house putting it on a bunch of other surfaces. My table topper does not have a home yet. But I trust I'll find one soon! (Or I'll rip off the binding and make a pillow cover out of it.)


I used a navy print from my grandmother's stash, and I hand-tied it, which was a new thing for me! I have no idea how you're actually supposed to do it--I just went for it and did my own thing and it was probably terribly wrong or inefficient, but I got the job done.

This is my second finish for the Q4 FAL. You can see my original list here.

4 comments:

  1. How large did it finish out? I have avoided table toppers because no matter the size they proportions always seem off to me. Maybe I just like a bare table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new EPP convert, too. I adore the palette here. Hot pink and navy? Yes, please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is gorgeous - you can't go wrong with navy and hot pink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is my favourite of your FAL entries - the colours really catch my eye -well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...