Friday, October 14, 2016

Vanilla's Symphony of Pink.


(I have meant to write this post for days. DAYS, friends.) Isn't this the sweetest little pink quilt ever? And given my love of pink, you might be inclined to think this beauty came from my own hands, but no! She's the clever work of my lovely Stash Bee 2016 hive. This is my third year hive mama-ing, and this year I almost feel unnecessary as my hive is mostly self-sufficient and awesome and stuff. And then they're super lovely and make a gorgeous quilt for my little Vanilla bean. The back is a soft flannel, and it has the most gorgeous embroidered label with everyone's name. When I received it in the mail, I totally cried, right in front of my houseguests, and when my husband saw it, he loved it too! I promise I'll get a shot of baby snuggled in her quilt when she arrives and send it on to you hive mates!

This quilt is so special to me, and I am so grateful to my awesome hive. I had grand plans to photograph it, but I'm hoping y'all will forgive me when I plead a giant belly and third trimester pregnancy and stuff. I promise, I'll only use that excuse for another few weeks. Then I'll start in on the new baby excuses! Just kidding.

6 comments:

  1. I can't figure out which I love more ... the quilt or the story behind it. Quilty friends are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find this so awesome and touching. What a fantastic gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely little quilt, and full of such love! I'm sure Vanilla Bean will feel all that love from your beemates when she is snuggled with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a wonderful thing to be part of making - lots of sneaking around behind your back!! I am so glad that you love it Audrey and hope it gets lots of use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A quilt is a hug. The blog post is a delight. Lucky Vanilla Bean to have you for her mama.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...