Saturday, April 15, 2017

Knit Geranium Dress


It is spring here. What this means is that I am spending every available moment outside with my kiddos because I remember last summer and how evil the humidity and heat were, and I want to soak up all of the lovely 65 degree weather while it's around. Family walk on a slightly breezy, overcast day? Yes, please!


I did take a break from outdoors-ing to sew up this Geranium Dress, pattern from Made by Rae. I love this pattern oh-so much, and I knew I wanted to sew up a version for my friend's daughter, my baby BFF. (YES, she is five now, but she'll always be my baby BFF.) But when chatting with my friend about fabric options, we settled on the fact that a knit dress would be way more practical than a woven dress. I was sad because I really wanted to sew up another Geranium, and then, the idea struck. Just how difficult would it be to sew up a version in knits? Could it be done? (Apparel sewists, forgive my ignorance. I am still quite a newbie when it comes to this stuff!)


A quick google search revealed it could be done and better yet, HAD been done. Thank you, Monica of Adirondack Inspired! You gave me the confidence to get this one done. Of course, I could only remember that I had seen a post where it had been done and not the specific details of what that dress entailed. It wasn't until I wrote this blog post that I thought to try and find that post again!


I followed the Geranium pattern and did line the bodice of mine, choosing to finish it off with snaps. Next time, I'll most likely follow Monica's example and neglect the back opening. (Because yes, you better believe there will be a next time!)

This is my first finish from my Q2 FAL list, but I am so excited about it. I went with a super short (for me) list, and knowing that I'm 25% of the way there is really thrilling!

I hope y'all are having a most lovely weekend!

3 comments:

  1. How sweet! I am sure your Baby BFF will look stunning in it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this post! I'm going to try sewing one with a knit fabric today, so consider yourself a link in the sew-a-Geranium-with-knits inspiration chain started by Monica. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm interested in sewing this pattern with knits too! Did you size down since it was knit fabric? Or use the normal size?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...