Monday, February 5, 2018

Purple Moneta Dress


I finished this dress a few weeks ago, but getting photos taken? Well, that was another matter entirely! This is the Moneta Dress by Colette. I used a purple knit fabric from Jo-Ann's to make a muslin for this pattern, but of course I hoped that it would be a wearable muslin. I think I have worn this three times since I finished it? So success! Because you see, I have some pink octopi fabric just waiting to be transformed into a super awesome dress!


The Moneta pattern was easy to follow, and the dress came together easily. The only area I struggled was the neckline. It was hard to get that to lay flat! (This is a complaint that I've heard from a couple of people, so if any of y'all have made this pattern and have any advice, help a girl out!)

Before I cut into my octopi, I think I'll try a size down. This feels a little big to me, particularly in the arms. But I do love it! And I'm excited to add more  Monetas to my closet.

Oh! And tell me! Are there any knit patterns you particularly like? I've got a few things from Patterns for Pirates on my list.

3 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I love that color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a flattering dress! Love it on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks lovely on you and I am excited to see the pink octopi when you are ready to cut into the special fabric!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...